MAINTENANCE AND RELIABILITY MANAGEMENT ( ASSET PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT – APM )
Understanding Maintenance and Reliability
In any organization, assets are needed to make products or to provide services. The objective of maintenance and reliability in an organization is to ensure that the assets are available, when needed, in a cost effective manner. The performance of an asset is based on three factors:
- Inherent reliability — how it was designed
- Operating environment — how it will be operated
- Maintenance plan — how it will be maintained
In any typical asset intensive industries, operation and maintenance phase has significant contribution towards the total fixed cost of the organisation. Asset Performance Management comes into picture in this phase. Following are the Key question for Asset intensive Industry.
- What are the important assets based upon their functionality ?
- What is the asset’s current health & performance ?
- Is it possible to optimize asset performance ?
- What might be the reasons for asset failure ?
- What will be the consequence of asset’s failure on the business ?
- Is the possible to mitigate the risk of assets failure ?
- What measures should be taken so as to prevent assets failure ?
Asset Performance Management ( APM ) is a set of work methodologies focused towards maximizing performance, optimizing operation and maintenance cost and mitigating risk of the existing physical assets of an organisation. APM systems ensures that an organization has the required process, support system and human resources to make the asset’s life cycle decision efficient that will in turn optimize the value delivered from the assets. APM address all the above question by adopting and integrating the Major and minor modules.
Major Modules are :
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM )
- Preventive Maintenance Optimization ( PMO )
- Defect Elimination ( DE )
Minor Modules are :
- Criticality Analysis & Ranking
- Failure Mode and effects analysis
- Run to failure
- Opportunistic maintenance
- Risk based inspection
- Reliability modelling
- Reliability maintainability and availability
- Waste management maintenance.
Have A Question? Contact Us Now We Are Waiting For Your Queries!!